Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Moonlight Madness

A bit too much going on these days. Much Buffalo activity as the herd enters a busy "field season." Hammy Hamsterton Memorial Run Thursday at the Buffalo Trace Trail, followed by a full moon run. Will have McNaughton ultra trail race in Pekin this weekend as I run a while with Chris Migotsky (he hopes to run 100 miles) and help with "Heaven's Gate," the Buffalo aid station at the race. Will camp out Saturday night for that. Then there's the River to River relay race in two weeks, something I'm ill prepared for right now (but how do you prepare for the hills of southern Illinois around here?). And, as usual, I'm late in getting the Second Wind Running Club directory to the printer, and my race director duties for the Buffalo Trace Trail Race in May are getting more intense. Meanwhile, planning for a backpack trip to the Appalachian trail in August is fun. After a few splashes of wine last night I put on the headlamp I will use for backpacking (we'll call this a field test) and collected pine cones under the moonlight in my back yard for fires on my patio (Cassandra, the Tikka Plus was sunlight in the night). Neighbors must have wondered about the meandering light in my yard, and my cat stared at me through the window, quite perplexed. I lead an exciting life.

No comments: