Friday, March 09, 2007

Faces from Long Ago

Who are these guys? I'm determined to find out. While doing research for an article I'm writing about an ornithologist (that's a bird person), I accidentally came across a box of forgotten old photos in our library here at work. This photo was taken in 1907 in southern Illinois. These are probably University of Illinois students who were doing fieldwork for the Illinois Natural History Survey, but it's going to take some digging on my own time to find out their names. I can probably consult old university yearbooks and match photos there to these faces. Then I can determine names, ages, their field of study, fraternities, and even if they were on U of I sports teams. It will take some detective work, but it will be fun. (Check out the dead possums hanging on the tent.)

No comments: