Monday, June 26, 2006

Morning at Mingo

While fellow buffaloes Devil Dawg, Wrong Way, the Cable Guy, and Dr. Ken and his wonder dog Cayenne were running the trail around Lake Mingo Sunday near Danville, I hiked the trail to break in a new backpack and boots for my Appalachian Trail trip in August. With fellow buffalo Srini Muthekepalli (he needs a buffalo nickname), I hiked the 7.1 miles in two hours. Glad I wasn't running Mingo; tough trail.

All went well on the hike until we stopped to see what we thought was a nice view of Lake Mingo at the shoreline. Then we walked farther out and came upon about 20 discarded beer cans floating in the water. Someone had fished or partied there and used the lake as a dumping ground. Just ruins it for everybody. Made my blood boil too see such a scene.

No comments: