Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Camp & Run

Last Friday night I camped out with Buffaloes Devil Dawg and Mudless (aka One Beer) at Kickapoo. Camped at the primitive sites, which have no water or electricity, and liked these sites much more than the other sites. We had a brilliant full moon, and the air was still and cool. Perfect. I would have been content cooking a hot dog on a stick over the fire, but Mudless turned Martha Stewart and cooked pork chops with peaches and a nice sauce. After I snarffed down the food and sipped wine from the holy grail, we got to talking around the campfire . . . and forgot about dessert, for which I was responsible. I had all the makings for s'mores in the car. I know I've had too much to drink when I forget about anything that involves chocolate.

Next morning we ran the new Wilderness course at Kickapoo. It is tougher than the old course and can get pretty hairy at times. If the course is muddy at the Wilderness race, it will be especially challenging. It was strange to see the condemned river bridge completely demolished to make way for a new one.

After the run, Devil Dawg prepared breakfast, mixing sausage and eggs together. Scrumptious. Good Dawg. Dented the s'mores supply and had a Hershey bar for dessert. The buffalo life is good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Twas fun DT - I can't wait to do it again. Let me know if you need a ride to the buffalo trails tomorrow.
D2