Wednesday, February 20, 2008

And I Thought It Was Cold Here


The temperature was 21 this morning (not bad), so I decided to go for a run at 6:30. Stepped out the door and . . . slap. The wind just cut right through me. I got in four miles in powdery snow. Very nice scenery. Downright tropical compared to recent conditions at Yellowstone National Park, as shown in the photo above. That's an ice-encrusted BUFFALO FIELD CAMPAIGN volunteer at Yellowstone. Tough, dedicated folk doing all they can to help the buffalo.

2 comments:

Sandra Cookie said...

Tom, I ran 18 miles on Monday in shorts and a sports bra! I was in Silver Spring, MD and the high that day was 73 F! Of course now it's snowing there. I'll have to wait a while for another run in those conditions.

Tom Rice said...

Hey GB, weather is like a box of chocolates . . .