Monday, July 10, 2006

Buffalo Booze and the Hurricane


A co-worker tipped me off last week about Buffalo Trace bourbon being available locally at Friar Tuck's. This usually hard-to-get item, which bears the name of our fabled trail in Mahomet and of the race there, is finally here, so I went out immediately and bought a bottle. Pricey stuff but good I guess because it has won major awards. I'm not much of a bourbon drinker, but maybe I can use it to make a shot of buffalo sweat, which calls for 3/4 ounce of bourbon in a shot glass and adding 1/4 ounce tabasco sauce. Some other buffalo drinks that do not use bourbon: buffalo milk and white buffalo.

The weekend was busy with preparations for Hurricane Marla, which is currently northeast of me and slowly but surely moving southwesterly toward my neighborhood. Marla and tropical storms Dexter and Spot are all building in intensity. Stay tuned.

No comments: