Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Remembrance of Buffalo Days

While waiting in line for an hour and a half at Mark Daly's wake last evening (a special guy brings out a crowd), I nervously clutched a small pin like the one at right. I had worn this for the last few years on a hat I wore while running, and thought it could be used as a small token of remembrance for Mark and his buffalo running days. So when I finally reached Nicole, Mark's wife, and asked as a special favor if she would put it on Mark's suit lapel, both she and her dad were pleased and said it would be fitting if I put it on the lapel. Kneeling at the casket I carefully attached the pin and bid Mark farewell.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wondered where that came from.

SF

Tom Rice said...

Irish whiskey and some dirt from Ireland were also buried with Mark.

Anonymous said...

I noticed he had a coaster in his pocket too.

SF

Tom Rice said...

Proper!