Thursday, July 05, 2007

Little Buffalo, Dapper Dog

Little Buffalo

Tim and his pampered pooch

My little buffalo grandson, Red Chief (aka Ethan), ran his first "race" on the Fourth of July at the kids' run before the big race on campus. In the photo above, with his buffalo shirt, American flag bandana, temporary tattoos, and scraped nose from a recent fall, the little guy had just finished the kids' run. He holds his finisher ribbon. His competitive spirit came out about midway into the run, when he said to me as I ran alongside him, "Grandpa, we're losing." Geez.

Also on the Fourth, son Tim took his dog Ali to PetSmart for a wash, nail clip, and toothbrushing. Got a chuckle the night before, when neighborhood fireworks sent the friendly pit bull scurrying to get back into the house.

ADVENTURE! Road Trip: This weekend I'm off to southern Illinois' River to River trail for some backpacking. Will post photos, provided I don't get swallowed by a snake.

1 comment:

Larissa said...

I've always wanted to backpack the River to River. Let me know how it goes!