Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Cousin to a Star

Cody II and me at the Indian Pow Wow.



How do you like that photo above of me and my new lawn mower? Yup, bought myself a buffalo. The price of gas being what it is, I can sell my mower and my car and turn the buffalo loose on my lawn as well as ride him to work.

Not practical, you say? Yeah, you're right. It's not really my buffalo. It belongs to a gentleman from Minnesota, Ron Fogel, who also owned the famous buffalo Cody, star of screen and television. Cody was in the movie Dances with Wolves, and the video above tells the story of the Oreo-eating, beer guzzling Hollywood bison. Cody's obituary is HERE. What a story. Wolf Woman and I met Cody II (above, with me), cousin of the deceased Cody, at a pow wow of the Kickapoo Indians near Moraine View State Park near Bloomington this past weekend. This is the closest I will ever be to a buffalo. I was able to pat him on his steel-wool-like head.

No comments: