Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Albert, Jim and Joe



If any Cardinal fans are reading this, I am an avowed White Sox fan, but when I listened to an interview with Albert Pujols yesterday, I was impressed. I had never heard him speak, just viewed his power hitting. I must say the guy seems the be the real deal, a genuine player's player. He came across as quite likeable and down-to-earth, and not the juiced and puffed athlete like McGwyer was and Bonds is.

Same can be said of Sox slugger Jim Thome (top photo), whom teammates and rivals say is one of the friendliest guys you'll meet. Second to Pujols in homers in the major leagues, Thome, like Albert, gets the job done.

My favorite Sox player, Joe Crede (bottom photo), is not a great hitter, but his fielding as third base is among the best I've seen. Solid and reliable. As the Sox motto says, "Good guys wear black."

No comments: