Monday, January 29, 2007

Sweet Run

At right is Jeff Riddle (the Riddler), ultra runner, trail afficionado, buffalo, and husband of Debbie, who made 79 cream-filled chocolate cupcakes for participants of last Saturday's Riddle Run. The run is Jeff's annual January No-Matter-What-the-Weather tromp at the Buffalo Trace Trail at Mahomet. The cupcakes are a Riddle Run tradition, having been there on all eight runs.

Can't post photos of Riddle Run as promised because I took only two photos and they're not good. So, suffice it to say that it was much fun in the cold and wind and mud of a January day. Managed to run (and walk) 20 miles at the Buffalo Trace trail at Mahomet with a big group, many my herd homies. Ran 16 with Wonder Calves and Buffalo Dave and then the last 4 with Dave. These two original buffaloes were appropriate running partners at my favorite running place and running event. I guess I should have a cast of characters for this blog since nicknames abound.

No comments: